Youtube is both a search engine and a video hosting platform that has been around for over a decade. Acquired by Google in 2006, it is a site on which individuals but also professionals can publish content for various audiences. Today, Youtube is still one of the leaders in video creation on the web. For content creators, creating a Youtube channel is an ideal springboard for becoming known, becoming an influencer and earning money. On the business side, a Youtube channel is an acquisition lever to attract the attention of potential customers. Whether you are a brand or an individual who wants to become more visible on the internet and find a source of income online, Youtube is one of the main channels to focus on. What is the procedure for creating a Youtube channel ? We tell you everything in this article.
How to make a Youtube channel?
To create a Youtube channel , you will first need a Google Gmail account . If you don't have one, the first step will be to first create your Gmail account. Indeed, it is from the latter that you can go to Youtube to make your channel.
Once your Google Gmail account is launched, here are the steps to follow:
- Go to the web version of Youtube from a computer and click on the menu on the left.
- At this level, select the My channel option : you will be redirected to a window that will ask you if you want to use your same Youtube username as the channel name.
You should know that from the moment you create a Google Gmail account, you get a Youtube user account by default . On the other hand, it should be kept in mind that this user account created by default does not constitute a Youtube channel . To proceed with the creation of a Youtube channel itself , you will need to follow the steps that we detail in this article.
- Once in the My channel menu , you can change your Youtube channel name if you wish . For example, you can put a cool nickname or something evocative so that your potential subscribers have an idea of what you are going to talk about on your channel. If you are a business, it is better to simply choose your brand name as the Youtube channel name .
The name of a Youtube channel is essential. Indeed, it will be a visible element when you are on Youtube trend . It is therefore necessary to choose it carefully.
- Once the name of the channel has been chosen, you will be prompted to click on CREATE A CHANNEL to validate the process.
Your Youtube channel is now created, all you have to do is dress it up. After clicking on the validate button , you will be redirected to a blank page. It is at this level that it will be necessary to add a banner of dimension 2560 x 1440 pixels which will be used to dress up your YouTube channel. This banner is in effect your YouTube cover photo . Next, remember to add a profile photo in the format 98 x 98 pixels. If you're a business, this is where you'll need to add your brand logo, which will become your YouTube channel logo .
How to create a Youtube channel on mobile?
To create a Youtube channel , we generally use a computer. However, it is quite possible to do the same process from a smartphone.
Here are the steps to follow to create a Youtube channel from a phone :
- First, go to youtube.com to register. You also have the option of downloading the Youtube application to your phone from the app store or Play Store if you are using an Android device. The platform is generally installed by default on all devices.
- Once you are on the app, you will already need to have a Youtube user account created by default. You will then be able to access your profile photo and personal information by clicking on your profile icon on the Youtube homepage.
- To create your channel, simply click on the Your Channel option : you can then personalize your Youtube channel , add a photo, a banner, write a description, as well as a Youtube channel logo .
Some Youtube key figures
For more than ten years, Youtube has been a huge success. You just have to look at the figures to see that the platform is a real boon for gaining visibility on the web . Good reasons that should push you more to create your YouTube channel and start streaming videos as soon as possible.
- 1 billion: this is the number of people who consult Youtube every month in the world. And that number continues to rise.
- 6 billion: this is the number of hours of videos that have already been watched on YouTube according to a study published in 2017. Indeed, in February 2017, YouTube announced that it had exceeded one billion hours videos seen daily on the platform.
- And every minute on Youtube, more than 400 hours of videos are published.
These statistics demonstrate the enthusiasm of content creators but also of users for YouTube, which is a very interesting platform. Whether you are a brand owner or a blogger, creating your YouTube channel becomes a necessity to gain popularity.
What are the advantages of creating a YouTube channel?
Now that you know how to create a YouTube channel , it is important to keep in mind that the video format published on this platform is an asset to highlight your personality but also your products and services, if you are a brand.
- Creating a Youtube channel improves your brand image and your reputation: thanks to the content that you will broadcast on the platform, you or your brand will be more famous, more popular.
- Earn money: significant advantage, YouTube allows you to earn money. Beyond helping to improve your popularity, it is possible to monetize your Youtube videos and thus generate revenue. By becoming better known on Youtube, you can also be paid by brands to do commercial communication.
As you can see, creating your Youtube channel is simple, easy and free. In return, if you put in the effort, you will become better known, reach your target customers and even generate revenue.