How to integrate video into your Instagram strategy?
Instagram 's live format allows brands and content creators to communicate live with their community. Designed to facilitate the distribution of videos in real time, the Instagram live tool allows you to strengthen interactions with your subscribers. It is also an effective way to easily establish links with them and create familiarity. Indeed, as a brand, you have the possibility of doing a live Instagram in order to respond to the concerns of your audience. This instagram video format can also be useful for presenting your new products/services or sharing live an event that you are organizing or in which you are participating. As you will have understood, live Instagram is an added value for your brand communication on social networks. How to make an instagram live ? But above all, how to succeed? All the answers to your questions in this detailed guide.
A good quality internet connection: a sine qua non for the success of your live instagram
To make a good quality instagram live video that will hook your instagram subscribers , the first thing you need to make sure is that you have a good internet connection. This will allow you to guarantee the good quality of your streaming. If your internet connection is unstable, exchanges between you and your subscribers will not be fluid. You risk having a lot of cuts, which could make your video unenjoyable and without impact.
Moreover, your instagram subscribers may leave the live if there are too many interruptions related to a bad internet connection. Before starting your live video , therefore, seek to obtain permanent high-speed connectivity.
What are the steps to follow to launch an Instagram live?
Making an instagram live is very easy. First of all, know that the maximum time that a live on instagram can last is one hour. Take this into account to end your Instagram video at the right time. Another thing to know is that as soon as you start your live, your subscribers will receive a notification informing them that you are live. They will be able to contact you if they wish. Here is how to create an instagram live :
- Log in to your instagram account or that of your brand.
- From your page, click on your Instagram profile or story icon (you will see a + sign there if your story is empty).
- If you have already made stories, you will not see the little + which will allow you to open your camera: in this case, you must go to your instagram news feed and swipe your screen towards the right to open your camera.
- Once the camera is open, the Story option will be highlighted: to launch your live Instagram , simply scroll through the options offered. You should see “Live” appear. It is this option that you will have to choose to launch the live instagram .
- Before starting the live, click on the small icon in the shape of a circle at the top right: this will access the controls that will allow you to choose the people who can watch your instagram live , to decide how you want the live be registered, etc.
- You can choose to use a filter during your live by dragging the little icons right next to the Live button .
- When you're ready to record, click the Live button .
While waiting for your other subscribers to massively join your live, you can put on some music, give the usual greetings or introduce yourself.
Please note that your Instagram followers can send you comments during the live. To avoid receiving an insulting instagram comment , it is quite possible to do a filter. Here's how to block an abusive Instagram comment :
- Open the instagram settings tab.
- Activate the Hide insulting comments button : you can also activate the Manual filter to not show comments that contain specific keywords.
When you're done streaming, tap End to exit Instagram Live mode . If you want to save the live in your phone or share insta story , you just have to click on the record icon that will appear at the top left.
You should know that Instagram does not save your live videos. If you don't want to lose your live, the best thing is to save it on your phone. You will be able to find it later and share it either on your news feed, on IGTV or in your story.
Some tips for a successful instagram live
If this is the first time you want to make an instagram live , we suggest that you first try it from a test account. This will allow you to familiarize yourself with the tool before D-Day.
- Notify your subscribers in advance
Doing a live instagram is good, but what's even better is that your subscribers participate massively. To be sure that you will have a big audience, inform your community of the date and time when you plan to do your live. Also specify the theme. On instagram, users are more likely to participate in a live if the theme interests them.
Do not hesitate to ask your subscribers the topic they want you to address. You can do an instagram poll to get their preferences on the theme but also on the day and time they will have time to follow your live instagram . Taking into account the opinion of your audience will allow you to make a relevant live for them and in which they will be more inclined to participate.
- Choose a good background sound
Important element for a successful Instagram live : sound! Because you will be talking live to your Instagram followers , you will have to make sure that they can hear you well.
Remember to do your live in a quiet and well-lit place in order to guarantee a certain quality of images and to be heard at the same time. Avoid places that are too noisy, poorly lit and decors that can lower the quality of your live instagram .
- Get a smartphone with a good quality camera
The quality of your live is decisive if you want to hold the attention of your Instagram followers . Using a smartphone that has an excellent camera quality is then essential.
Moreover, it should be noted that even if instagram is available in web version, it is not yet possible to make a live instagram on PC . You will therefore necessarily need an Android smartphone or an iPhone to access the Live feature . Also, your Instagram followers will not be able to view your live stream from a Mac or Windows. Whether it's to do or watch a live, the live instagram pc is not valid.
Read also: The best Instagram story formats